Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Angel


Last week, I was walking around a local hospital and decided to stop into the chapel, as I typically do when I go there. Its a vintage chapel, and well, vintage is my thing. After going into the chapel, I came across a death card. It was for a baby. I see these from time to time and I don't know these people on the cards, but this one struck me inside. This baby died on my birthday!

I knew there must be a connection, a reason why I would find this death card for someone that died on my birthday. There are no coincidences. This little baby's life ended on the same day that many years before, my life outside the womb began. It was like a ying yang situation, a balancing act, one person lives and another dies. I decided to take this death card with me, feeling that I have an otherworldly connection with this baby, that he is my guardian angel or friend in the afterlife looking out for me.

I also felt that the image of the bird in the clouds on the card was a symbol or message to me, a reminder that I should continue on my path of trying to promote peace and harmony in the world. Also I feel that the image symbolizes freedom. The baby died, so he was free from his earthly body, and that I am here on earth, and must strive to achieve the freedom I so desire in my earthly life.

Its little oddities in life like this that really make me wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment