Sunday, August 1, 2010

And I Lived Before



When I was 5, I had an unusual dream. It was odd cause I was not me in the dream and I never forgot the dream. In my dream, I dreamed that I was a girl standing next to an older man with white hair and a cap on his head. In front of me, there was a bunch of kids that were shorter than me. In front of the kids, there was a railing and we were all looking off into the distance at something and I didn't know in my dream what I was looking at, but that we were all waving towards something in the distance.

Flash forward to age 9, I was in school and we were given fliers for Scholastic books for sale. I always loved these fliers cause I loved to pick out some books to ask my mother to buy for me. I found a book called The Day Pearl Harbor Was Bombed: A Photo History of World War II and I decided I wanted that one. I had a second cousin that died in WWII so I figured that this would be interesting to read and photos to look at. I am a very visual type of person so I love to look at picture books.

So, when I finally got the book in my hands, I flipped through the book focusing on the photos as I usually did, and I found this one photo and immediately I felt like my heart sunk into my stomach. I recognized this scene, this was the scene from my dream. The only thing different was that now I was looking at the people and in my dream, I was a person in the group looking out apparently looking at the photographer that was taking this very photo. I was amazed and looked at the people in the photo, and I found myself, I was the tall young woman standing behind the kids in front of me with the old guy standing next to me.

It was this day that I came to believe in past lives, my personal experience with this made me a true believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment